We all had to do a presentation and I chose Inclusive Design.
I chose this as I had touched upon it in the past and also as part of my PDP5.
I phoned up my friend who works for Remploy. They have a department called Adaptive Technologies so she had a little knowledge. She mentioned about not having too many colours as too busy for partially sighted people, the type of software people use and also two companies: dolphin computers and ability.net. I did my project based around the research I found on these two companies websites.
It has raised a lot of questions for me. The future of web design will I believe go hand in hand with accessibility so I need to know much more about it. I think I should make my own website accessible, not to the same standard as ability.net but certainly much more accessible than previous websites I have designed.
I will now do my Graphic Design module on Accessibility rather than computer programming as it is something I need to know about.
Saturday, 24 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment