Saturday, 24 November 2007

Cultural Concepts

Want to study Chinese? It may be easier than reading the pieces were given for this presentation!

This was really difficult! I chose Gender... Do men and women respond differently to design and do men and women design differently. I started with colour and even though I've researched quite a lot into colour and colour psychology before I realised how much I'd forgotten. Also the important point that more men then women are colour-blind.

I found some blogs that suggested men were more interested in the emotional aspects of design, where in fact it's mainly because the field is more male dominated. Interesting! Should I reflect this in my web design website? I wonder if more men than women are looking for websites??

Other than that I don't think I learnt that much from this project. The previous Futures one however has completely changed my direction!

No comments: